C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:49:12 -0400
OK, this is primarily for Gary, but here goes.

I was using the ATM machine in my building to get some money for lunch, and I suddenly noticed the buttons have Braille on them, in raised dots.  Now, it's nice and dandy that they have the dots, but how would a blind person know what was showing on the screen?  The machine doesn't voice the commands or anything, and I didn't see anything on the machine itself that would turn on a voice synthesiser.  So are the Braille dots useless for blind people for all practical purposes?

Like I said, it's a nice try but they could have gone the whole way.

Kat