VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
severine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:38:47 +0100
Hi again listers,
I thank everyone for his/her help.
I am now a happy girl, thanks to Dean.s instructions which I'm pasting below, I managed to backtranslate my book and to read it with Jaws, using the AT'nT natural voice of Crystal. The result is very good!
If others want to try, with Nfbtrans 774, there are a few more questions than what Dean said, but all in all, it is very easy. No need to open a command line, you can just click on the Nfbtrans.exe in the Windows Explorer and it works!
                        Good week end to everyone,
                        Séverine
Instructions:
I use NFBTrans to back and forward translate files all the time
with XP Pro.  I use JFW which gives good feedback, but this isn't essential.

Make sure the file you want to back translate has a name no longer than
eight characters, with a three-character extension.  Put that file in the
same folder with the NFBTrans files.  I'm sure this can be done
differently, but this is how I do it because it saves me learning more
about that program.

Run NFBTrans.  Hit choice 3, do not hit Enter.  Type the name of the source
file; hit Enter.  Type the name you want the new file to have, hit
enter.  Again, no Windows file names!

I too had trouble with WinTrans.

Met vriendelijke groeten / Cordialement / Best regards
Séverine Renard
Employée commerciale

INTEGRA
tel. +32 16 35 31 30
http://www.integra-belgium.com <http://www.integra-belgium.com/>

Integra: van consulent tot partner in hulpmiddelen!
Integra: du conseil à l'achat des aides techniques!