VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:44:37 -0500
Hello Leslie and all interested parties:

Try this:

  a.. Select "Tools" then click on "Options..."
  b.. Click on "Mail Format" tab
  c.. In the "Message Format" section, the pull-down menu in "Send in this
message format" list offers three choices: Plain Text, Microsoft Rich Text,
and HTML. Select Plain Text.
  NOTE: there is a "Send e-mail using plain text only" checkbox on the
properties sheet of an address book entry, but it doesn't do anything if you
have the HTML mail format selected here.
  d.. Make sure the check box is unchecked (empty) in front of "Use
Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages".
  NOTE: Outlook Help states that you can switch message formats after
starting an e-mail message, but this doesn't work if you use Word as your
e-mail editor, only if you use the internal Outlook mail editor (and then
only switch between plain text and HTML formats).
  e.. Click OK
This above was copied from the website:
http://www.expita.com/nomime.html#out2000

To read more about the virtues of sending plain text messages and the sin of
sending out MIME & HTML messages follow this link:
http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

If folks would send their postings to VICUG-L in plain text we would get rid
of the =20 that some of us find so annoying.