VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa McManus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:29:24 -0400
        Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with getting a web page to load and I was wondering
if anyone could shed any light on it.  When I had windows 98 I never had
any problems with getting www.qvc.com to load and do searches on it.  A
couple months ago I upgraded to windows xp home edition and I have window
eyes 4.5.  At that time I began having trouble with the qvc website.  I
could load it initially, but if I search for something it never loads the
page with the results on it.  It just sits there forever and says just a
second.  It never changes.  I turned off norton internet security off in
case there was something in there that was blocking, but that doesn't make
any difference.  I was wondering if there were any security settings in
internet explorer or something in the information bar that were blocking it
from loading.  Browsing on qvc works on other computers so something on
mine somewhere is blocking it.  If anyone has any ideas at all please let
me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thank you very much.

Lisa