VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Catherine Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Catherine Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:39:12 -0400
Hi,
I agree with John.  I don't know about the Epson 1660 itself, but I have an
Epson 1640SU that I absolutely love.  I bought it refurbished two years ago
for $100.  Never had a single problem with it.  It's fast and doesn't do a
lot of stopping and starting like some scanners.  The 1660 is probably a
good bet as well.  I have noticed though that Freedom Scientific doesn't
keep its scanner website updated enough.  It seems almost all the scanners
they list on the site are long out-of-date, even the most recent additions
to the list.  I met with much frustration when recommending to my employer
which scanner to buy for work.  None of the scanners in our price range that
Freedom Scientific evaluated were still available.  Oh well.  I've made this
comment to the company, but they didn't seem to think there was a lot they
could do to make their reviews more timely.
Catherine Armstrong