VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LynZelvin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 14:13:10 -0400
Hi,

I'm in Chicago for work and it occurred to me I think I remember talk about
talking ATM's here (excuse the redundancy). Can anyone tell me where there
may be some in the downtown area?

It strikes me that this  is one of the flaws with the process. I got a list
of some in New York from a friend, loaded it into my Braille 'N Speak,  and
was able to use one when I needed it. But the times you need them most are
when you are not at home. Having to ask a stranger, even if they are
employed by a hotel or some such place, to help get out my money feels
really problematic. And here I am in  a place where there may be machines I
can use and there is no way to know except calling all the banks that I
know to have *some* talking machines, trying to get a list, etc. or walking
around trying out machines and looking for jacks. Either way is less than
perfect. Since part of the convenience of money machines is that you can
use one almost anywhere, regardless of what your bank is, we need some sort
of central number to call that will give info on *all* banks that talk.

Anyway, I'm finished preaching to the converted. Let me know if you know a
place here.

Thanks,

Lynn Zelvin