VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreen Yale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:12:23 -0400
Good afternoon list members:

Some of you will no doubt remember that a couple of weeks or so ago i posted
an enquiry to the list re my HP 6200C scanner.

Well, I am happy to report that i have now solved this problem, and for
those interested to learn how I did this, please read on.

What I did was extract a file from the Windows 98 cd onto my hard drive,
changed a setting in the HP properties and it seems fine again.

So, for the blow by blow account here goes:  start menu, P for Programs then
enter on Accessories.

Hit S or arrow down to system tools at which point press enter.

Then arrow down or S to system information and press enter.

Once in this point do alt T for tools and arrow down to File checker, at
which time you press enter.

You are then presented with two choices, to scan altered files or extract a
file - choose the latter.  It will ask you the name of the file at which
point you type hpscnmgr.dll and enter.

Then you will be asked the destination of the file and this is d:win98

You will then be told that the file has been extracted and told that your
system will need to reboot to accept the change, just enter for that is
fine.

So, part one of the process through.

I then went into system properties by going to the desk top, highlighting My
Computer and hitting alt enter to bring up the properties sheet.

Then do shift tab to device manager at which time you tab a couple of times
into a tree view (or list view, can't quite remember) of the devices on your
computer.  Arrow down to Imaging, right arrow to open this, at which point
the name of your scanner will appear.  Tab to properties, and find the
Events tab.  At this point check the box that says Disable Device Event, or
something similar.

Then you should be okay.  At least, I was.  The scanner didn't work
immediately so I unplugged it from the power source and then reconnected,
and it was fine.

Hope this helps, and thanks to all for their advice.

Bestest,

DOREEN YALE.