VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherry Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherry Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:10:44 -0500
I agree that it is true that a newly disabled person would not be expected
to know a lot about their new disability and I would agree that it would be
unfair to expect a famous person to be any more knowledgeable than anyone
else.  Rush, however, does not seem to know how to say the words, 'I'm not
sure, I'm still learning, or I don't know.".   In spite of having a large
research staff, he frequently just gets things wrong.  Perhaps if he had
spoken with less authority or admitted he had a lot to learn, people would
be more tolerent of his ignorance.  Instead, as he always does, he speaks
as if he is the final authority on the subject.  I am hoping he will do a
great public service and share his experiences adapting to his disability
with his on air audience.  Instead of bashing the liberals, he could talk
to some experts about implants and really do some good.

Sherry

Leslie Fairall <[log in to unmask]>@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on
10/09/2001 09:44:21 PM

Please respond to Leslie Fairall <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  "VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List"