VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2010 20:12:29 -0400
Dori

What needs to be done here is adding Favorites to the start menu.

From my personal msg archives, here are the steps as I have it taken from a msg posted several years back on the BlindTech list:

1. Press windows key to get to the start menu.
2. press escape key to be placed on the start menu button.
3. Press application key (to left of right control key)
4. Arrow up three times to properties & press enter.
 You will now be on the start menu page. Tab once to customize.
5. Press spacebar and you will hear "add button."
6. Do not select the add button, instead,
7. Hold down the control key and while holding it down, press tab six times
until you come to something that says "settings, tree view."
8. Arrow down once and you will be prompted to add favourites, press
spacebar here.
9. Tab to OK & voila! your favourites menu is on your start menu.

Here are another set of steps I also saved from another BlindTech msg:

1. start menu, and navigate to the control panel.
2. once in the control panel, press the letter T for taskbar,and start menu
and press enter.
3, now, control tab to the start menu page.
4. now tab until you hear, customize ..., and press enter.
5. now tab until you hear, start menu settings treeview.
6, down arrow until you hear, display favorites off, press the spacebar to
turn on feature. now tab too, okay button, press enter. tab to okay your
done.

The best moment of a Christian's life is his last one, because it is the one that
is nearest heaven.
Charles Spurgeon

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]