VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ilene Sirocca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:40:53 -0500
Hi everybody,

After reading the petition from Handytech, I wrote to Jonathan Mosen about
the problem with braille drivers and received a reply.  I thought you would
all like to read it.  Although it clears up some questions, I think it
leaves others murky.  What is the financial burden FS wishes to put on the
manufacturers/  is it reqally outrageous?  Beats me.  And if FS is so
concerned about driver security and compatibility, why not give the driver
development kit without charge?  Also, apparently "not tested by Microsoft'
should not cause us alarm, but "not approved by FS" means the display won't
work and that's that.  I do think both sides on this issue should be more up
front so that we consumers can end up winners and not stranded in the desert
of indecision.  i am still too wishy-washy to pass final judgment but would
love to see this resolved.

I'm sending the reply from Jonathan followed by my original question, so
don't get confused!

I(lene