VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 05:37:14 -0500
Christopher

You make valid points except one:  how does less list traffic guarantee a
higher quality traffic?  All it makes certain is that there will be less
of it, nothing more.
And artificial limits, such as imposed on this list (10 msgs per day and 2
per individual) more or less guarantee that a flurry of questions, when
posed on the same day, won't get adequate treatment.
As for what is of interest only to one individual or more reading, that's
a subjective guess.  It may seem, for example, that some particular
problem is very individual specific; but after reading the question, it
dawns on me that I have experienced this before or have seen others
experience this.
One of the things that I do is maintain a file of msgs for issues I have
experienced and found solutions, tips that may be of value later, or
issues addressed on lists that are repetitive.
With that personal archive, I can draw on such situations when and if the
need arises.

I realize that a lot of readers don't want to go to that extent in msg
	I should also point out that, more often then might be believed,
individuals pose the wrong questions or assume that their needed solution
is not addressing their actual problem.  Extended discussions tend to weed
out the real causes of folks' pc problems and come up with hints and tips
that not only help the initial questioner but perhaps hundreds of others.

So less isn't necessarily better; nor do msg limits assure better quality
postings.  The one good thing they do is limit spam as no one individual
can post more than 2 msgs a day.
Beyond that, it guarantees nothing and may hurt and not help.

I am glad that the set up of this list works for many here; and I continue
reading the traffic.  I, however, wouldn't want to limit myself to this
list for dealing with blindness related pc and technology issues as other
lists provide far greater coverage with a broader range of individuals.

Psalms declares, "O Lord, attend to my cry" (17:1). One of the smartest things I
ever prayed was, "Help!" When you take one step toward God, God will take more steps
towards you than you could ever count. He moved to meet my needs. Prayer alone proves
that you trust God.

--Mark Cummins, Pastor, Hope in Ocala (Fl) Ministries
www.incourageu.com

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]