VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leslie Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 07:55:44 -0500
Hi all,
	I have discovered accessibility issues with Amazon.com'/access and
Spysweeper.   I contacted both of these companies and did not receive any
response from the first and was basically told to go away from the
second.   I am using Zoomtext with my display set for white on
black    Some of the issues are so basic, like choosing  a color scheme
which has contrast when converted to the gray scale.  Most of my access
issues seem to  have nothing to do with the so called "new
technology"    referenced in the story about the Target Lawsuit.  It
seddens me that these companies don't seem to be willing to make the
simplest modifications for users with vision issues who rely so heavily on
internet shopping.
	Is there any organization which is compiling access related issues like
mine and can perhaps provide the number of VI users to these web
owners?  My one little voice in the wilderness is ignored.

Leslie