From:
Jeff Sederstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 09:46:49 -0500
On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:27:03 -0800, Redding Distributing Company <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Every time I put any CD in my drive, my monitor goes black and the message in large letters appears in the middle.  It says "Out of Scan Range".  Anyone know what this means?
>
>Cindy Sanderson
>
>              The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                     support at our newest website:
>                          http://freepctech.com

i did a google search on that error, and all of the hits point towards the refresh rate of your graphics adapter.  i don't understand why you get this only when inserting a cd, unless they are game cd's that are maybe adjusting your video settings automatically.  When the message "Out of Scan Range" appears on the monitor it is alerting the user to the fact that the settings in Display Properties are not supported by the installed video card. Specifically, the refresh rate entered is out of the range offered by the card.I'd try adjusting your refresh rate.  read your monitor manual and see what it supports.