From:
Fred Nielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:01:01 -0500
Randy,

  I don't believe you will find a RESIDENTIAL DSL or Cable service that will
allow you to run a web server.  You might be more successful talking to
their BUSINESS DSL or Cable services.  The pricing for business service is
normally considerably higher than residential and will likely not be
available in a residential neighborhood, particularly for cable.  This will
all depend on your local company's services.
  The DSL connection is actually provided by your local telco, though it may
be leased to other companies.  Many other companies, if they have an
agreement with the local telco, can provide the ISP service.  I see cable is
starting to do this as well.  Anyway, if your local telco offers both DSL
and ISP service, call for information about their business service.

Fred Nielson