From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 18:41:14 -0300
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  I did make sure WINXP did not
have  the  built in firewall running and WIN98SE did not have Zone Alarm
(actually I uninstalled it, it was an old version).  I did make an error in
my last post, I am  using 192.168.0.1.  I have all folders shared with
unlimited access.  I am going to take Kyle Elmblade´s suggestion Monday and
return the NIC for another one...  it is  very difficult to get quality
products here in North Brazil, and indeed...  the NIC card in the box did
NOT match the instructions or the brand on the box, it was probably used!
My client bought this one, but I will return it for exchange!  Again, thanks
again, I will keep everyone posted to the results.
Howard Rubin
Fortaleza, Brazil