From:
Secola/Nieft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:24:30 -1000
jean-claude:
> my gums are receding badly since i started to eat more
> meats and cut down  drastically in fruits .

That's surprising. I have repeatedly heard of (and experienced) the
opposite.

> But it also coincide with me taking less cortisone for addison disease. ( i
> am under supplemented in cortisone now  i think but it was that or
> agravating   ospeorosis by taking my former dosage .)
> If somebody understand a link between cortisol level and gum disease i will
> be glad to hear .I am pretty sure there is a link . i feel it .

I am completely ignorant of addison's and cortison, but share your concern,
since your experience is so contrary.

> by bad gums might have a lot to do with ospeorosis in  my jaw ( my teeths
> get crowded ,my fillings fall aparts etc...)
>
> holes are growing fast.

I can only report remineralization of the interspacial bones, as verified by
dental x-rays since including lots animal foods, both raw and cooked, and
cutting back on fruits. If I have a couple days on fruit, my gums are
sensitive and feel like the are in "danger". (Strangely, since eating plenty
of animal foods I have had no dreams of losing teeth which was an
occasionally recurrent dream in my SAD and high fruit instincto years). Blah
blah...

Osteoperosis (sp?)? Gosh, if you are suffering from bone loss with the
addison's, even with your stellar diet and relatively young age, you gotta
look into medical treatments, no? Granted, finding a treatment that would
work without f-ing you up might be hard, but there's gotta be some folks out
there _somewhere_ who could help.

Would eating thyroid glands be too simplistic? Hard to find regularly (of
high quality). Have you tried other thyroid supplements? I must sound pretty
ignorant, as surely you have researched every option, but, gosh, it's hard
to believe that bone loss, or gum problems, would be a single symptom in
isolation. There are some post-raw and post-paleo foods that seem to insure
calcium absorption for many (soup stocks, fish and other bones). Probably
you are eating plenty of dried fish bones and other seafood. Sheesh, what a
dilemma. You think the cortisone aggravates the bone loss, but at the
expense of gum problems--a rock and a hard place, as they say.

Has your son's permanent teeth come in yet? Are they OK? Maybe there is a
genetic component?

What are your theories on the matter? What do you think the origins of the
addison disease is?

Cheers,
Kirt