From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:46:25 -0800
On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:56:04 EST, Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I do not see how this possibly squares with the suggestion that a 70% fat
>diet could possibly be considered the Zone Diet.

>From Mastering the Zone by Barry Sears, PhD, page 31:

" In fact, some of the elite athletes I work with need nearly 60 percent of
their calories as fat to maintain peak performance. "

" ... should their body fat begin to increase beyond a determined level, they
can simply decrease the amount of extra dietary fat they have begun to eat so
that their percent body fat remains at the level at which they perform best. "

PS  The 70% figure was from the diet of a specific individual, and it would
take more time to find the exact references there, but I assume that 60% is
roughly equivalent for the purposes of this discussion.

--
Cheers,

Ken