From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:23:27 +1000
>Because we are trying to cut down the total quantity of >saturated fatty
acids found mostly in the visible fat seen >around the edges of our steaks
well quantity is a different issue to ratios. surely the quantity of fat
eaten depends on our caloric requirements?

>If we reduce the total amount of sat fats eaten, then that will >change our
ratio of unsaturates to saturated fats taken in.
what about increasing the quantity of marine animals eaten, which are quite
high in healthy PUFAs?

>If however we eat grassfed meats, then we need not worry >about trimming
fat because the fatty acid profile is already >close to the optimum healthy
ratio (3:3:1, 4:4:1?).
is this correct? can you supply a reference to this or at least state how
you derived this conclusion?

>Most wild animals would probably have a very good fatty acid >profile.
does this include the kidney fat on these animals?

Andrew