NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:19:48 EDT
MILK ALLERGY NOTICE

October 1,  2004

TO:           Food  Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network Members

FROM:      The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network and The Kellogg North
America  Company

RE:  Ingredient Notification for Kellogg’s  Pop-Tarts

We want to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us after  learning of
our plan to add whey to all Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts toaster  pastries.  It is
important for you to understand that whenever we make  decisions involving
the use of food allergens, our intent, first and  foremost, is to ensure the
safety of our products for food allergic  consumers.

To respond to your concerns, and because we understand the  challenges
facing food allergic consumers, we are pleased to announce that  after a
thorough reassessment and full consideration of your requests, we  have
decided to continue to offer Kellogg’s fruit flavored Pop-Tarts and
Kellogg’s Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts without a milk  ingredient.

PLEASE NOTE, however, that the following flavors of Kellogg’s  Pop-Tarts
toaster pastries will continue to contain a milk ingredient, which  is
clearly labeled on the package:  Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Vanilla  Crème,
Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Hot Fudge Sundae,  S’Mores,
Yogurt Blast Strawberry, Yogurt Blast Blueberry, French Toast and  all
Kellogg’s Pop-Tarts Pastry Swirls and Pop-Tarts  Snak-Stix.

Kellogg has had a close and beneficial relationship with the  Food Allergy &
Anaphylaxis Network over the years.  This has  allowed us to be on the
forefront of consumer-friendly food allergy  labeling.  All Kellogg’s brand
packages are labeled with the eight  ingredients recognized by the FDA as
the most frequent cause of allergic  reactions.  These are listed in a
separate box directly below our  Nutrition Facts panel.  We encourage you to
ALWAYS check the ingredient  statement on EACH package you purchase for the
most up-to-date information  on the ingredients contained in that particular
package.

We hope that  you will remember that Kellogg’s has your best interests in
mind and we will  continue to be sensitive to your needs.

Consumers with questions  regarding this product announcement can contact
Kellogg Company toll-free at  (800) 962-1413 Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm
ET or visit the website at  Kelloggs.com.

This mailing has been funded by The Kellogg North America  Company to be
sure you are aware of the  situation.