NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Catharine Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:45:14 -0500
About 7 years ago I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar or sugar sensitivity) after taking the glucose tolerence test (with the glucose drink).  After an adjusted diet I did okay for about 5 years.  I started having severe problems
again 2 years ago and have recently determined that I am very sensitive to most lactose products.  The reactions I have for both low blood sugar and too much lactose are essentially the same (stomach cramps, etc. which is not typical with low blood
sugar reactions).  I have been trying to determine if there is some relationship between the two.  Obviously, if I'm not digesting the milk products, my body is not getting the sugar from those products and perhaps causes a low but I don't know
about vice versa.  I would be interested in knowing if you do have a reaction to the glucose test and if there are others on this list who have sugar sensitivities.
You can email me privately.
Catharine