C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:37:03 -0400
Mike, I'm Kyle (45).  Like Bobby, who just emailed you, I'm also married to
an "able-bodied" woman and I have three kids.

When we were married, I was virtually able-bodied myself.  Now, twelve years
later, my capabilities are diminishing rapidly and my wife has to pick up
much of the "physical" load I used to do.

Like Bobby, I'm not sure of what you mean by "relationship", but if you're
talking abouyt something like marriage, you have to be completely up-front
with your potential mate before heading down that road.  They say "love
conquers all", but the giddiness of a new relationship can fade pretty
quickly when the going gets tough.  Even now, I know that it would be
difficult for my wife, and myself, if she started having to take care of my
sanitary needs.

Kyle Cleveland