C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:27:14 -0400
Wow, that's just great (not).  In TX, if you're not used to the heat, living
without A/C is almost too much to take.

Where do the other "set" of grandparents live?  Maybe they could help out
(?).  Have they considered getting a hotel room and asking the landlord to
discount the rent while the A/C is out?

Here's a couple ideas:

If you have box fans, buy some bags of ice and put them in a dishpan in
front of the fans.  Trust me, this one works great!

If the house is a two story, put box fans in the windows with the downstairs
blowing in and upstairs fans drawing out.  Sometimes it helps to hang wet
t-shirts in front of the fans.

It's kind of messy, but we used to put wet sponges in our hats when we were
kids.  Some of the Fla. base housing didn't have A/C and that was how we'd
sleep--that and constantly flipping the pillow to find the cool spots!

Even if the A/C compressor is out, they should still be able to run the
furnace fan.  Turn on the fan and put ice on oven or 'fridge racks over the
ducts.

Make sure the shades are down!

Wish I could help more, Bobby.

Kyle