C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:40:28 -0500
Friends,

My friends at The College of New Jersey School of Education publish a
news letter called TechNJ (some of you might be familiar with).  In
their latest issue that was mailed out in April, they have a story about
yours truly, you can view at http://www.tcnj.edu/~technj/2003/arnold.htm
talking about my life and involvement in the Augmentative and
Alternative Communication Field.  According to my Dad and PRC, this is
only my beginning of great things to come, with knowledge of what's
coming in technology and resources in the near future, partly thanks to
me having a disability.  Sometimes it's hard holding back the excitement
and keeping information secretly until it's done.

I can definitely tell you my newest dream (I don't know how new it is),
but I feel safe telling you because I feel you're friends.  As you might
know working for PRC was a childhood dream of mine, and I got it 3 years
ago and have had some great success.  Now my dream is to build my own
company mainly working to empower people with assistive technology.  I
would also love it to be a dedication to my parents and brother John,
who put their lives on hold to help me (they don't have rehabilitation
degrees, but to me they definitely do).  I don't know of a better way to
thank them, other than continuing with the mission and helping others.
That day, I feel there wouldn't be a dry eye because of tears of
happiness.

Thanks,
Anthony

Visit me at http://www.anthonyarnold.net/