From:
Brett Winchester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:56:56 -0700
I will need to look at my Nokia headset when I get home but I do think it is a 3 conductor.

thank you!

BRETT K WINCHESTER  PM  KD7JN   VOLUNTEER & READING SERVICES MANAGER
[log in to unmask]     http://www.icbvi.state.id.us/brochure/RADIO.HTM
Member IAAIS International Association of Audio Information Services
IDAHO COMMISSION f/t BLIND & VISUALLY IMPAIRED - ICBVI
P O BOX 83720,    341 W WASHINGTON,    BOISE IDAHO  83720-0012
208-334-3220 ext 104 +7=voice mail after hours,                    Fax  208-334-2963

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/08/03 01:06PM >>>
Although this request is not directly related to ham radio, I feel
confident that this group is more likely able to provide the correct
answer than any other group to which I am subscribed.

I have a Nokia 3595 cell phone whose output I wish to patch into a
cassette recorder.  The jack on the phone is a sub mini and is mono I
believe.  That is, the headphone which plugs into it does not have that
extra ring which stereo plugs have.  When I connect this into my
cassette recorder, I get no audio.  I suspect that this circuit relies
on some sort of specific impedance to activate it as there continues to
be audio in the ear piece of the cell phone.

If anyone on this list can provide the specifics of this circuit and
how to patch the audio into another device, I would be most grateful.
Sincere thanks in advance.

Don Roberts