From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2003 10:14:32 -0700
I got my extra in the early 1980s.  I have never been that good at math and really must say I've lived through that.  <grin>  I was a computer programmer for
about 37 years and programmers are supposed to be good at math;  right?  Well, I do believe I was a pretty good programmer and could even add/subtract in
hex if I really needed to, but math definitely wasn't and isn't my thing.

I found that most of the questions really don't involve that much math and if you can figure out the logic of some of the basic electronic theory, you can do it
even if the specifics are different on the test itself.  I didn't even use a calculator, probably because I didn't have one at the time.

I think the test is really more intimidating than difficult if you know what I mean.

Study the qsample questions and take the sample tests.  I think the Gordon West tapes are a really good background too.

I'm no math whiz and no electronic engineer either, so if I can pass it anyone can!

Don W6SMB