From:
Anthony Vece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:34:41 -0500
Hello Steve;

If you use either of those radios, you will only be able to monitor one band
at a time.

The KENWOOD would be a lot user friendlier.

However, you might consider the KENWOOD TM-V7A.

It will let you monitor both bands at once.  If this turns out to be a
distraction, you could always turn the volume down on the band your not
using.

Also, when you are transmitting on one band, you can list to the other band
quietly in the background and it will not distract you.

If you want to turn off the other band you can do that also.

Both radios will let you use programming software.  I'm certain the ICOM
will let you also use computer programming.

Hope this helps.

73 De Anthony W2AJV