AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hedi Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:42:40 -0600
** Visit AAM's new website! http://www.africanassociation.org **

Access to Independence is seeking applicants interested in serving on
its Board of Directors.  Candidates are asked  to complete the attached
questionnaire and biographical information.

Some background information on Access to Independence Board:  We are
searching for a few individuals willing to become involved in the
governance and development of Access to Independence, Inc. through
serving on our Board of Directors. As a not-for-profit local agency
providing independent living services, we are committed to ensuring the
board is governed predominantly by individuals with disabilities.
Access to Independence would also like to expand the cultural diversity
of its Board of Directors.

At this time, we are searching for individuals who could bring any of
the following skills to our board: bookkeeping, board leadership,
finance management, fund raising, leadership development, legal issues,
planning, navigating political systems and strategic planning.

The Board meets monthly, generally the second Tuesday of every month
from 5-7 p.m. at the United Way Building, 2059 Atwood Avenue, Madison.
Board terms are for two years. We currently adhere to the Carver Model
of board management and are primarily concerned with the vision and
long-term plan of the agency. We do not engage in the day-to-day
business of the agency.  During the transition time for our executive
director, we are looking at revising and updating the by-laws and
considering the possibility of changing our model to a different one --
one that makes more sense for what we do.

We are very much in need of intelligent, thoughtful and creative
community members to help us forge this agency into the future. If you
or someone you know is interested please contact the Board President
James Powell via Access to Independence.

Sincerely yours,

James P. Powell
Board President