VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Fitzgerald-pisp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 06:18:41 -0500
As requested here is the article again, hopefully I was able to get it
right this time (plain text)

John
http://jpaul.doolardrive.com

Subject: URGENT ALERT - Medicare Vision Rehabilitation ServicesAct
Below is a message regarding S. 1967, the Medicare Vision
Rehabilitation

Act. Please let me know if you need more information about this bill.
Most

of you may have read about in the BVA Bulletin or previous Legislative

Alerts.

Dear Co-Op Members,

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! The Senate will be drafting Medicare
legislation

next week.  Now is the time to get S.1967 included in the Medicare
package

that Congress will vote on and pass this session. This may be our last

opportunity.

Our bill has garnered the support of more than 140 Representatives and

Senators, but these legislators need to hear from you - their

constituents - so that they will make the final push to include the
bill in the Medicare

package that Congress will pass this year.

Call your two Senators to let them know how important vision

rehabilitation services are to promoting independence and safety for
people in your state

who are blind or partially sighted. Emphasize that such services
prevent

debilitating injuries such as falls and hip fractures, prevent further

disability, and reduce health care and dependency costs.

ASK THEM TO

(1)Cosponsor the Medicare Vision Rehabilitation Services Act
(S.1967/H.R.

2484), and

(2) Call their colleagues on the Senate Finance Committee and ask them

promise to include this bill in their forthcoming Medicare
legislation.

TO CONTACT YOUR SENATORS

Call the U.S. Capitol switchboard toll free at 1-866-727-7726 and ask

be connected with your Senators' offices. Give the message to their

Legislative Assistants for health care. MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

Please be sure to share their responses with me, so that we can