C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:09:01 -0700
Hi -

I was without the ability to send email for awhile, but I've been following the list. I thought I'd update you on my life, thoughts, and whatever else comes to mind. I'll do this in parts so threads don't get totally confused.

My big news is that I got married on January 4th! Steve and I met at church 7+ years ago and have slowly been working our way toward marriage. We are enjoying married life very much. We've worked hard over the years on learning how to communicate well, and while I know there will be bumps ahead, I think (and hope) we have good shock absorbers. :)  I get nervous sometimes about the effects that my aging with CP will have on our marriage, but our eyes were open going into it. I (we) trust that God will have good for us whatever comes. Right now, we are just enjoying being newlyweds. I'm still kind of surprised by this - I'm 39 and wasn't sure I'd ever meet someone who could love me with CP. But we love each other in all our humanness, so life is good.

continued -->