C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:26:35 -0400
Trish,

Like I said in an earlier post, the Marshall Plan after WWII helped Germany
get back on its feet economically, and rightfully so. I have no prejudice
against Germans or German products in general (after all I use Faber-Castell
drawing pencils and Fimo, a German polymer clay in my artwork), it's just the
ones that advanced the Nazi cause or aided it that I'm against. But then where
do you draw the line?  IBM supposedly did business with Nazi Germany during
WWII yet I've not heard anything about boycotting them.  I think it's right to
draw the line somewhere, forgive, and move on.  But not to forget.  Never
forget.

I would be the first to say that the Allies erred badly in the Treaty of
Versailles in treating Germany the way they did after WWI ended.  They made it
possible for bad enough economic conditions so as to allow Hitler and the
Nazis to come to power and thus pave the way for the concentration camps and
WWII.

We Americans weren't blameless in WWII - look at the way we treated the
Japanese-Americans -- shameful.

I don't hate Germans, that would be petty and stupid of me, don't you think?

How and why was your mother forced to become German by Hitler?  I'm curious.

So, please don't take our words out of context and use them in a bigger sense
than they were meant to be.

Kat