Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:21:17 -0500
That has direct frequency entry,  the Icom 2100H has it, I had one for a
while, it's not accessible to totally blind people in other ways, but it
does have direct frequency entry, and if you can get the software and cable
to program it, PL tones are done through that easily. The PL tones and
adding memories on that radio are a bit tough for some one who's totally
blind though, programming memory channels annicially isn't too bad, but
adding them afterwards I found to be a huge problem when I had mine. I don't
know of any 2 meter only radios that are completely accessible at this
point, I know Kenwood has a new one out but I don't know anything about it.
Personally now, I use the Kenwood TM-G707A with the VS-3 voice board but I
could use it easily with out the voice board, you have to go in the menu to
turn on the direct frequency entry on that radio but once you do it's very
easy to use and with the VS-3, it's completely useable, only thing the voice
chip doesn't cover in the menus and I figured them out enough so I can use
them no problem.
John Miller N1UMJ
Owner: J E M Racing need sponsors and crew help
to chat with me  AOL instant messenger JEMracing3