Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:03:29 -0400
Well, since we're all fessing up here....

I might as well relate two stories....

First, back in 1991, a friend and I decided to operate FD together.  That
year, there happened to be five weekends in June.  So, on Saturday June 22,
I called Amateur Electronic Supply to order some wire and ladderline to
throw together an all-band dipole we could use with a tuner.  The gentleman
there waws very responsive and promised that he'd ship it out yesterday,
Loll.  I thought he was a bit facetious at the time.  The next day, I heard
quite a bit of Field-day talk on the repeater, and only then did I realize
that I was a day late and would have to wait till next year.  I'd thought
for some reason that FD was the last weekend in June, not the fourth
weekend.

My second story occurred this year.  This is real embarrassing.  I hooked up
my TS-2000 and it wouldn't work.  I tested the power supply and it had no
voltage.  Got it repaired and took it back to the shack.  Tried hooking up
the rig, and it wouldn't turn on.  Checked the power supply and it was fine.
Called the tech and just happened to mention that i hooked up the black wire
to the positive lead.  He said "Wait!"  I had gotten confused between
electrical hookups and econometric data, where of course being "in the
black" is positive.  He said "remember, red is red-hot!"

Luckily, the 2000 survived my stupidity!

Steve
(callsign withheld)  [log in to unmask]