Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:41:39 -0500
At 08:25 AM 2/12/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi All, I'm sure this has been covered over the years, but for us who may
>have missed it, any suggestions for tuning antennas for HF would be
>appreciated.

I use the "tuner tuner" from palomar engineers.  This is a noise bridge
rigged with a bypass switch so you can leave it in circuit.  Simply disable
agc on your receiver, (if possible), tune to the freq you wish to use,
switch the noise bridge in, and adjust the tuner for lowest noise.

Its a bit tricky, but does work.  Failing that, any old noise bridge will
do, just remember to remove it from the feed line before transmitting.

The tuner tuner is available for around $100.  Worth every penny.  Runs on
a 9v battery, I've had mine for six months, and haven't replaced the
battery yet.
Hope this helps.

Gary Lee
Ball State University