Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:01:38 -0500
I like the little RadioShack DX399 that I bought on sale for $40 ... I think
regularly, it's $80 or so.  It has direct keypad entry of everything and
includes LW and FM.  With headphones, FM reception is in stereo.  The radio
does not have SSB, but if your friend is more interested in overseas
broadcasters than in hams, this is no problem.  It's very small (about the
size of a largish paperback book) and comes with a carrying case and AC
converter.  The only negative that I've found so far is that it's a real
battery hog.  It used 3 triple A batteries and I suggest buying
rechargeables.  It probably can't compare with some of the really fine
radios like the Sony 2010, but it's the best $40 radio you'll ever find and
even at normal retail when not on sale, it's still a very nice piece of
equipment.  I'm very glad I bought mine.

--
 Walt Smith - Raleigh, NC