AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"AAM (African Association of Madison)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:14:01 -0500
From:
"Garwo, Sam W" <[log in to unmask]>
As a Liberian, we hope that our flag will fly among those of other
countries during the World Cup. We hope that Mr. Weah will continue to
bring to the Lone Stars his knowledge, integrity and great patriotism.
He has done a lot for the country. Since the beginning of this nightmare
in 1989 (Civil War), he has become the only shining star in the land. It
is little wonder therefore when he is called to run for President.

Mr. Weah must however understand that as a gladiator, he must always
win, because defeat will mean death. He has become the only source of
pride in our country. He brings hope where there is hopelessness. He
brings joy in a country where poverty, fear, despair are the lot of the
day. Many Liberians cannot afford a cup of rice to feed their families
but they would scramble, borrow and sacrifice the last penny to go watch
the Lone Stars. Because soccer has become the only pleasure left in a
society doomed by poverty.

All things being equal, the odds of Nigeria losing a qualifying game to
Ghana on their own field is almost 0 -1000. But I believe in destiny and
my gut feeling is telling me this is our time to shine as a country and
with the help of THE GREAT GHANA BLACK STAR, King Weah and his boys
(Lone Star) will be heading to the World Cup come Sunday.  "LET'S GO
BLACK STAR"