From:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:19:22 -0500

I have written several people that mentioned drinking beer or alcohol and
told them and or sent them a copy of the email that Budweiser or Anheiser
Bush sent me stating that it is made from rice and that the barley protein
is turned into amino acids during the brewing proces and their scientists
have been unable to detect any harmful amounts of gluten. I went right out
and bought a 12 pack of the Michelob Ultra since it is low carb and only
has 95 calories.  It seemed to have no effect on me.  I then went on a 10
day cruise out of Charleston, SC and starting drinking Bud Light since the
Ultra was unavailable.

I have T-1 diabetes, DH, CD and psoriasis in that order. I have two small
spots of psoriasis on the tops of my feet and they turned red and started
itching.  As soon as I stopped drinkin
g the beer my feet cleared up and
the redness is almost gone.

As for cruising this was my 3rd one since going g/f. They accommodated me
well and baked g/f bread and put it in a separate basket. G/f cereals were
available in the main dining area but I chose to eat eggs, bacon, grits
and most any kinds of fruits are available.  What really surprised me is
that the Food Manager told me that 10 - 12 celiacs or people with food
allegories go on each cruise. And our ship the Galaxy holds about 1870
passengers. You do have to mention allegories to the travel agent when
booking a cruise.
Charles in SC