From:
A Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 02:18:01 -0800
Thanks to all for the suggestions on this.  It turned out that my first
guess was correct.  The motherboard was bad.  After another day of
trying, it got to the point where it wouldn't post at all.  Everything
in it was all he way in.  While I know that memory can cause erratic
behavior, two brand new sticks (yes, I tried them one at a time) would
have had to been bad.  Replaced the ECS junk with an Iwill P8HT-S and it
worked on the first try.  Nice board!  Intel 845PE chipset, LAN, Promise
IDE 133 Raid, and SATA built in and at a reasonable price.  Again,
thanks for everyone's suggestions.

BTW, there appear to be a large number of 256 Meg PNY 266 DDR RAM that
are actually 333's.  Look for sticks with Infineon chips ending in -6.
 I heard about this and made a point of getting them and the MB
recognized them as 333.

Art Cassel

I previously wrote;