C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:56:06 -0400
I can't answer for Ken, of course, but personally I can think of a lot:

You don't have to worry about fighting over the silliest things

You can watch whatever you want to

You don't answer to anyone for your comings and goings

You have only your own messes to clean up

You've got only your own laundry to do

You don't have to worry about whether he likes your friends or not (actually
that's not a limiting factor, but it's easier not to have to worry about it)

You can cook whatever you want whenever you want and you can buy whatever food
you like to eat without his fussing about it

You don't have to worry about whether he likes cats or dogs (I actually dated
a dog-hater once, never again)

You can buy whatver you want (within your budget of course) without answering
to his or her priorities

You can set your own priorities

etc., etc...

I know this all sounds selfish, but I've settled into my independent way of
living, and it'd take a lot for me to decide to change at this time of my
life.

Kat