Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:42:15 +1300
A customer has an old IBM 330-P75 machine, running W98, which has a P75,
80ram and I think the HDD is about 2Gb. The modem is external.

He's considering a new PC and has asked me if his old machine would function
as a server for his business.

He runs a HomeHosting business in this tourist area where we both live.
The organisation consists of a dozen or so private residences, whose owners
entertain visitors in their own homes.

Each of these host residences has access to customer info and booking data
which is currently on an out of town server, but it's planned to set one up
locally.

The amount of data concerned is negligible, as far as I know.  It consists
mainly of names and numbers etc, but the total number of visitors is quite
small. I wouldn't be surprised if a daily backup would fit onto one or two
floppies.

I'd appreciate it if someone is able to comment on this - my knowledge of
servers, and the requirements thereof, is negligible.

TIA

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown