From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:08:09 -0500
If your main purpose is to just have both hard drives installed and to get
the data from the 30 gig hard drive, you can just make the 60 gig with Win
2000 the master and the old 30 the slave.  Then you can boot into Win 2000
and pull your data off the 30 gig.

If however, you really need to boot into Win ME for some reason, you will
have to get a boot manager program as was previously suggested.  But to
just get the data off, you don't have to do anything special except connect
the drives as described above.

Doug

At 11/20/2002 01:39 AM, martinbojan wrote:

>Not long ago I replaced my 30 gig hard drive with a 60 gig new hard drive on
>my pc.  The old 30 gig HD had Windows ME on it.  The new 60 gig has Windows
>2000.  I also have a 10 gig hard drive on the computer.  All of the hard
>drives are Western Digital and should be compatible.
>
>My question is can I remove the 10 gig HD and connect the old 30 gig HD with
>Windows ME on it leaving the the 60 gig HD with Windows 2000.   In other
>words replace the 10 gig HD with the old 30 gig HD with Windows ME.  The
>question is having two HD's with different operating systems.  The reason I
>want to do this is to remove some data that became corrupt in the change
>over.  I backed up all of the data and most came thru find,
>however, some of my medical records on "Access" are corrupt and I would like
>very much to get the information off.
>
>How would I be able to boot/get to the Windows Me?
>Is this possible?
>
>After removing the needed data, I will probably reformat it to Windows 2000.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com