From:
Jim Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:29:14 -0600
Hello

     I had a problem with a Gateway computer a couple of months ago at a local business.  The computer was very unstable and during the course of my analysis I noticed that when I ran FDISK the partition had been changed from DOS to Non-DOS.  I tried everything I could think of to fix it (instead of writing here) and finally ended up changing the hard drive.
     Today, I get a call from our local bank with a computer problem.  The computer is a Gateway, the same age as the other one.  It has the same problem as the one before.  The computer would boot, go into Windows 98 but as soon as you moved the mouse, the screen would go blank.  I ran FDISK on this one and the DOS partition had been changed to Non-DOS.

What has caused this problem?
Is there a way to change the partition back without loosing the data on the drive?

Thanks for your help
Jim Cook
J&J Computers

                     support at our newest website: