From:
GeorgeMary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 05:50:31 -0700
<snip>
Seeing how im new to all this i wasnt aware that i would also delete the
bridge to boot Xp lol.So now I no longer have the option to boot Xp.I know
its still there , but im not sure how to repair the boot.I would appreciate
any info you could convey.Before i attempt somthing that totally destroys
the Data.And have to reformat it again.
Thats not a big deal but being able to fix it
is more of a learning curve.Ive looked around for info , but havent found a
solution yet
<snip>

I have used the Recovery console on the XP disc to find and list NTFS
systems in the boot.ini file, and add all the files that the NTFS partitions
need to boot.  It has been awhile, but the basic idea is to boot into the
Recovery console with the CD (boot the machine with the install disc in and
boot from the CD), It will ask what you want to do....you want to go to the
Recovery Console, then in the recovery mode use the bootcfg command with the
rebuild switch (bootcfg /rebuild).  It should find and list the partitions
that it can boot and you select them. You can get better info probably by
doing a Google search on bootcfg.  HTH

George&Mary Skokan ([log in to unmask])

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com