From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:17:21 -0500
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On a more mundane level, if moderate alcohol intake reduces stress and
>hence cortisol levels, then regular intake through the day, which is part
>of the food culture in Italy, Greece, Spain, and France, would have
>definite health benefits.

On a more mundane level, if moderate refined sugar intake reduces stress,
then regular intake through the day, which is part of the food culture of
practically the whole world, would have definite health benefits. (I
remember when I was a refined sugar addict. Whenever I was stressed I ate
some candy and felt better. I guess I wasn't the only one who used refined
sugar to relieve stress.) No offence!

Fredrik