From:
Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:33:27 -0700
--- Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> But, wow, this hormonal weight gain has
> me freaked out.  Looks
> like I may need to do some cal counting, however
> un-paleo it might be.

Theola,

I don't have the original message so I may be wrong,
but my recollection was that your cortisol level was a
bit high but that this was taken at like 9 am?
Cortisol levels fluctuate tremendously throughout the
day and if my recollection is correct, early morning
is the highest level. I don't think that a single
measurement is usually considered reliable. If you
want something clear you probably would have to get a
24-hour urine test done, which then measures the whole
output over a day and gives a good average. But at
least I'd check out this possibility before getting
too panicked.

Jens