From:
Frances Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:31:55 +0100
"For me it's the amount of carbs. My guess is that it's related to an
insulin spike. But, again, that's just a guess. It occasionaly happens
when I eat an overly large portion of meat, even if carbs are low overall.
You didn't say whether it's "very important" bad or "very important" good.
Personally, the increased heart rate (sometimes w/ irregular beat) is very
unpleasant to me."

I think you may be experincing a food allergy or intolerance, that, or you
have high vagal tone. I suffered for many years from Lone Atrial Fibrillation
(fast irregular heart rate with no structural cause). IT used to hit me after
meals and when I was trying to sleep at night. Since going paleo and stopping
all forms of additives MSG's preservatives from my diet this no longer
happens. Although if I eat grains or potatoes I will get postprandial reactive
hypoglycemia and get runs of ectopics with dopey head and fainting. Or a large
meal before bed will induce just the ectopics.

It may be.. though I may be wrong as I don't know exactly what you eat that
some of your meat has been washed in phosphates, nitrites or sulphites and
this could cause it (this could be the case if you buy meat at a supermarket
and  it may be injected with MSG's aswell). The other reason is that you may
have high vagal tone and with high vagal tone a large meal of any description
will cause a heart rate reaction as your vagus nerve the digestion nerve and
is also connected directly to the heart and influences heart rate.

Hope that helps

Fran