From:
Fredrik Murman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:30:19 -0500
Today I read an article in the Journal of Food Science. There's more phytic
acid in whole sunflower seeds than in the most common cereals and legumes.
Soaking (16h in 25ºC) doesn't decrease phytic acid content in sunflower
seeds. (Source: I. Egli, L. Davidsson et al. The Influence of Soaking and
Germination on the Phytase Activity and Phytic Acid Content of Grains and
Seeds Potentially Useful for Complementary Feeding. Journal of Food
Science - Vol. 67, Nr. 9, 2002.)

Maybe that's another reason not to eat sunflower seeds, besides the high
level of omega 6. I haven't found any research on sunflower seeds and
detrimental lectins, but perhaps they have some. I don't know. But, I think
that if one really needs sunflower seeds, then it's okey to co
nsume them,
or maybe not. I'm really confused. I'm confused about all seeds. To eat or
not to eat...

Fredrik