Robert McGlohon <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 19:07:16 -0600
Does anyone here have any experience with the Carbohydrates Addict Diet?

After years of (mostly) lurking here, I've decided to give my diet and
weight loss my primary attention.  I've followed this list more from a
philosophical appreication of the diet's premises than anything else.  Or,
more plainly, I cheat a lot.

In my off-again, on-again experimentation with "paleo purity," however, I've
noticed that low carb for an extended period of times leads to increased
anxiety, stress, sleeplessness, etc.  Yet, a moderate level of paleo
carbs -- which is hard for me, as I am a natural "meatitarian" -- means no
weight loss.

Thus my plan for the coming year:  To be "paleo pure" and almost no carb
during the day, and to eat plenty of fruits and salads at night -- all with
the one-hour time frame recommended by the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet.

According to CAD, eating carbs only once a day, and all within an hour,
mitigates the insulin response.  I guess I'm hoping to "have my cake and eat
it, too," by eating enough carbs to avoid an anxiety response without
impacting my weight-loss goals.

Any comments from research or personal experience would be appreciated.

Robert