NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susie Boniol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:30:23 -0700
Hey Elizabeth!  No worries with the milk allergy for your son.  I have 2 boys that both have milk allergy and it is no problem.  The first thing you need to do is make a list of things he normally eats and then you will make a new list of dairy free things that will keep his diet simple.  There are a few sourdough normal breads  that are free of all dairy, whey, casien, etc...  Read Labels.  Fleishmans unsalted stick butter has NO dairy.  Kelloggs strawberry frosted pop tarts have no dairy.  Use Silk soy milk instead of milk.  There are tons of snacks.  Strawberry fig newton bite size.  chicken in a biscuit crackers.  pretzels.  potato chips.  club cracker puffs regular and whole grain.  tons of pasta.  tyson chicken nuggets (read labels some have it some don't).  cashews.  animal crackers (some brands) most hot dog and hamburger buns.  crescent rolls, some pretzel type cinnamon rolls that are in the cooler together (read labels).
 target carries a brand of frozen waffels Vans and they are good.  That may be all you find at target.  I shope at Brookshires (Louisiana).  Homemade pancakes, waffles.  It really is not hard once you get the hang of it.  McDonalds fries DO have Dairy and so do their nuggets.  You need to go to the websites for Burger King and Wendys and they both have dairy free options.  Sonic does not offer their allergy info so I would stay away.......  Now, don't worry about this and know that things will get better.  My son is 4 and has outgrown a lot of his allergy.  We just can't eat tons of cheese, drink milk, eat yogurt, etc.  Too much dairy makes him sick.  He starts having night terrors, face rash, ecxema.  Also, the introduction of Probiotics has helped both boys more than anything.  We get them at the health food store and they are called yumyum dopholus and a chewable that has to be kept in the fridge.  He does need his calcium and you can
 get that several ways.  My son takes tums each night but they do have some dairy so that may be out.  If he can drink soy milk they you are good there.  He can also drink rice milk to get calcium.  The health food store also has several calcium supplements that will work, just read labels and remember the more you eliminate the better off you are.  I know it is crazy and it is sort of expensive to restock all of your food but the changes it can make are amazing...........  When you get a chance tell me more about your son.  All three of my kids are in bed and my hubbie is having a fit over some sort of ice cream shortage in the house so I think I am about to go to the grocery store ALONE.......  Don't hesitate to ask any question.......  Susie