NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 00:31:06 -0400
On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Kenneth Richard wrote:

> You may simply want to find a lactose free substitute.  Inform your doctor
> that you are lactose intolerant.  You may want to do a little research
> yourself. I am sure there are plenty of alternate ways to obtain calcium to
> make up for the loss.

Several doctors have told me not to worry about the amounts of lactose in
various pills...but given the choice, I'd always rather find an
alternative medication without lactose than use one with it.  It's kind of
annoying when you tell a doctor you're allergic to dairy and then they
prescribe a drug without bothering to look it up to see what the inactive
ingredients are.  Having your own PDR so you can look these things up can
be pretty handy.

--
 Jon Lewis *[log in to unmask]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |