C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 22:54:23 -0500
About meaningful work, I agree both physically and mentally challenged
individuals need meaningful employment, not just because law says so but
to make the person feel better about themselves and since I started
working for PRC, my disability has gotten better (and it isn't just
because of newer technology), but I feel I'm at somewhere where I fully
belong.  The other day, I was talking to a friend who has a son who's
mentally challenged.  I was telling her, that one of the ways to improve
his behaviors is to get him something meaningful to do instead of just
counting paperclips.  Even if it's like boxing up new products for a
company, it would help because the person would think they were needed.

Thanks,
Anthony

Visit me at http://www.anthonyarnold.net/